The Human Resources Department is responsible for recruiting and retaining the city's work force. This includes recruitment of all full-time and part-time positions, administration of the city's centralized human resources function, labor relations, and risk management. Specific functions include:
- Assist departments in resolving human resource issues, such as discipline, staffing, classification, workers' compensation, disability, and unemployment insurance.
- Coordinate the city's safety program by implementing the Illness and Injury Prevention Program.
- Administer human resource programs including recruitment, selection, orientation, affirmative action, classification, compensation, employee benefits, grievances, investigation of employee misconduct, and discipline.
- Negotiate with all bargaining units through the meet and confer process.
- Evaluate and determine training and development needs.
- Manage the employee rideshare program.
- Administer the risk management program and review all insurance policies and contracts to ensure risk transfer.
Hours Of Operation: Location:
Monday - Thursday City of Upland
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. 460 N. Euclid Ave.
(909) 931-4100 ext. 0 Upland CA 91786
(909) 931-4301 fax
For Job Opportunities click below on City Employment:
City Employment Opportunities
The City of Upland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.