Yard Sale


Do I need a permit to conduct a yard sale?

  • Yes, a permit is required to conduct a yard sale in the City of Upland.

Is there a cost for the yard sale permit?

  • Yes, the cost of a yard sale permit is $9.00.

Where can I get a yard sale permit?

  • Yard sale permits can be obtained from the City of Upland Finance Department.

Where is the Finance Department located and what are the hours of operation?

  • The Finance Department is located inside Upland City Hall at 460 N. Euclid Avenue Upland, CA 91786. Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 8:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.

How long is the yard sale permit valid for?

  • Yard sale permits are valid for up to three consecutive days.

How many yard sales can I have each year?

  • Up to three yard sales may be held at a single address in a calendar year.

Important Guidelines and Requirements

  • Yard sales shall be conducted only between the hours of 8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.
  • Signage is limited to one sign, not to exceed two feet in size and shall be permitted only on the property where the sale is located and only for the duration of the sale.
  • Signs are NOT to be placed in the public right of way (i.e. City light poles, telephone poles, traffic light poles).
  • The term "yard sale" means and includes lawn sale, attic sale, rummage sale, patio sale, garage sale or other similar conducted sale.

For more information or other questions, please contact the Finance Department at (909) 931-4150.


460 N. Euclid Avenue
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 931-4100

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.