Many of the City's parks are available to rent for your next get together. Because dates fill up quickly, reservations are a must. All parks that can be reserved offer restrooms, outdoor BBQ's, picnic areas, and playgrounds. Those parks that can't be reserved are limited to a first-come, first-served basis.
Upland residents may reserve parks up to twelve (12) months in advance. Non-residents may reserve parks up to six (6) months in advance. A valid Driver's license or Identification Card is required to reserve a City park in person.
Parks remain open, but may not be reserved on the following holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
For additional information regarding our parks, please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services at (909) 931-4280.
Reserve A City Park
**Park rentals will be available beginning Thursday, April 1st.**
Park reservations may be completed online and by phone. To complete a park reservation online, please visit Online Park Reservations. To complete a park reservation by phone, please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services at (909) 931-4280.
- Reservations are subject to change in accordance with County/CDC mandates.
- All reserving parties must adhere to San Bernardino County guidelines.
- Social distancing is required at all times.
- A maximum of three households are allowed per site.
- Face masks are required at all times for those two years of age and older, including while at play equipment, with the exception of while drinking and eating.
- No eating or drinking in playground area to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- An Active account must be created to reserve a City park. If you already have an account, please do not create an additional account.
- Payment in full is due at the time of request.
- Online submissions do not guarantee use of the park. Formal approval must be provided by staff prior to use. Please allow 3-5 business days to process your request.
BBQ's, Taco Carts, and Food Trucks
No personal outside barbecues, grills, or other cooking equipment may be brought into any City of Upland park.
Taco Carts and Food Trucks are permitted for use when the following conditions are met:
- The vendor must have a City of Upland Business License.
- A Certificate of Liability insurance listing "the City of Upland, it's officers, directors and employees, volunteers, and any other party as may be required as additionally insured. Coverage shall be primary and non-contributory."
Both documents must be received in the Upland Recreation and Community Services Office at least ten (10) days prior to your event. A $30 Entertainment Equipment Permit Fee is required. Entertainment Equipment Permit Fees are non-refundable.
Inflatable Bounce Houses
Due to COVID restrictions, bounce houses are currently not allowed in City parks.
Park Facility Keys
Park facility keys are required for Memorial Park-Atwood Kitchen (Site A), McCarthy Park, and San Antonio Park for use of electrical outlets. Keys must be picked up from the Upland Recreation and Community Services Office on the Thursday prior to your event. A deposit of $100 is required by cash or check and will be refunded upon return of the keys the following Monday or Tuesday.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, electricity can not be guaranteed on the day of your event.
Special Event Permits
If your park activity meets one or more of the following conditions, you may be required to obtain a Special Event Permit:
- Anticipated attendance is 150 or greater;
- Event is open to the public;
- Amplified sound (excluding announcements and boom boxes)
- Fees accepted for attendance.
You will be notified if your event requires a Special Event Permit through the City of Upland and County of San Bernardino. Upland Recreation and Community Services requires Special Event Applications to be completed in full and submitted no later than forty-five (45) days prior to the event and no more than one year in advance of your proposed event. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and will delay processing which could affect your event. Once you have met your permit requirements and paid permit fees, you will be issued a Special Event Permit. Special Event Permit fees are non-refundable.
Questions? Please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services at (909) 931-4280.