Make a Plan Today
Your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to know how to contact one another and reconnect if you are separated. Establish a family meeting place that is familiar and easy to find.
Download and use the Ready SBCounty App to help make a plan for your family. The app includes:
- A five step emergency plan creation wizard
- One-button status sharing
- Library of emergency preparedness eGuides
- Storage of your out-of-state contact
Remember that those you care for may have specific needs. Visit the related links to discover what you can do to plan.
Build a Kit
After an emergency, you may need to survive on your own for several days. Being prepared means having your own food, water and other supplies to last for at least one week. A disaster supplies kit is a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency. Don’t wait until it’s too late, Build Your Kit now!
- Most recommendations state that you should have at least three days of water on hand (one gallon, per person, per day). Keep in mind, in a catastrophic earthquake most, if not all, waterlines could be damaged or broken… more is better! Plan to be without water for at least one week.
- You don’t have to spend money on an expensive pre-built kit. Pick up a few extra items when visit the market.
- Don’t forget to keep a small kit in your vehicle. You could be away from home when disaster strikes.