Building and Safety
The Goal of the Building and Safety Division is to provide quality services to the community in a manner that is efficient, knowledgeable, and helpful to the public. The Building and Safety Division promotes and insures that all new developments in the City of Upland are constructed in accordance with the highest standards of safety and that all existing structures are maintained in a safe condition.
The City of Upland’s Building and Safety Division would like to take the opportunity to thank you for submitting your projects via email over the last year. We are requesting that all new projects be submitted using the new online CSS PORTAL (Citizen Self-Serve Portal)
As of April 1, 2021, the Building and Safety email address will no longer be in use to submit online. All new requests done via email will be directed back to the CSS Portal for online submittal. Email requests sent directly to our permit technicians will also be directed back to the CSS Portal for online submittal.
A few tips when using the Portal:
- Please be sure to use your email address as the contact preference, the email is the bridge to connect you to your submittals.
- If you are a permit runner, or applicant on behalf of a contractor please apply as though you were the contractor.
- Please be sure to “REGISTER” do not use “GUEST”
For information on how to submit plans or obtain a permit, please visit https://www.uplandca.gov/building-permits
To see how the City is handling Inspections during COVID-19, please see the PDF below.
Geographic & Code Information
- Elevation: 1500 Feet
- Wind Load: 85 mph, Exposure C
- Rainfall: 4' Per Hour
- SCD: D-2 & E (Depending on Site Location)
- Climate Zone: 10