Community Development Block Grant Program
The Community Development Block Grant is an annual grant that the City of Upland applies for from the US Department of Housing and Urban Housing (HUD). Funding is granted on a formula basis and is to be used to satisfy at least one of three national objectives:
- Benefiting low- and moderate-income persons
- Aiding in the prevention or elimination of slum and blight
- Urgent need i.e., emergency assistance for disaster relief
HUD awards grants to entitlement community grantees. Entitlement communities develop their own programs and funding priorities, giving maximum feasible priority to activities that benefit low and moderate-income persons. Entitlement communities use the awarded grants to carry out various community development activities. These activities are to be directed toward revitalizing neighborhoods, economic development, and top providing community facilities and services.
Proposed Goals of Upland’s CDBG Program:
- Business enhancement through façade rehabilitation
- Improve neighborhoods
- Improve public facilities and infrastructure
- Provide public services for low-income residents
- Prevent and eliminate homelessness
- Ensure equal access to housing opportunities
- Strenghthen economic opportunity through business and job creation
- Housing preservation
For more information regarding the Community Development Block Grant Program, please contact Housing Coordinator at (909) 931-4300.
Notice of Funding Availability - CDBG FY 2020-21
Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for FY 2020-21 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
Application deadline is on Wednesday January 15, 2020 by 5:00 pm.
On May 11, 2020 City Council will consider the recommendation of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Committee and will then set the funding levels for the specific programs and projects for the Final FY 2020-21 Action Plan.
Click below to view the Public Notice FY 20-21 Notice of Funding Availability and Program Application:
2019 CDBG Income Limits
Click here to view current Income Limits